Wednesday, May 4, 2011


It's that time again. I know I don't really write a whole lot in this blog. I wish it were different, but at the end of the day, I am tired and more than likely all I feel like doing is staring mindlessly into a computer/TV screen, as terrible as that sounds. There are idea and opinions, but there's no energy. But alas, I will trudge on. Besides, no one(if there's anyone) wants to listen to me whine.

Dad's been doing well for the most part. We've implemented a schedule and as much as he doesn't really like it, Mom and I have found it to be an invaluable tool. Keeping him on a schedule of sorts allows us an opportunity for routine, and when everything is okay, we keep to the routine. And when there's a problem, we fall 'behind' on the schedule. (There is really nothing to be behind on.) It allows us to meet each problem head on and discuss/ problem solve each one as they come up. I've found that I have a better time foreseeing potential problems this way. Dare I say that it's a little less messy this way?

Right now Dad has an ear infection, we just noticed it today, so at some point in the morning, I need to call for an appointment and probably get him on an antibiotic of some sort before this becomes a serious problem.

We're also in the process of renovating the house. We're trying to make it more handicap friendly/lower maintenance. Especially the backyard, that monster. I certainly have my work cut out for me. So far we've replaced the kitchen flooring with vinyl tile that looks like stone, there's a couple of spots where I need to replace the tile because it chipped or I didn't measure quite right, but for the most part I am damn proud of the job I did. Considering that it was the first time I’ve laid down flooring ever.

We've had a contractor in to look at the bathroom to give us an estimate, we're hoping that we'll be able to take out the tube and put in a rolling shower. Mom and I are also waiting for a second contractor to come in for a second estimate, however he's dropped off the face of the planet. Highly unlikely that we will be using him I'm sure.

OH! Yea, we also got a puppy. His name is Odin, but we call him Odie. He's a two and half month old half lab half border collie. He's all black with a little bit of white on his chest. He's also a little shit. But I love him.

Boyfriend is still there. I seriously can't wait for the semester to be done and over with.

I would like to mention that I love my ipod touch.

I also got a new phone. An HTC Evo 4G. My first foray into the Android operating system. I'm still not sure if I am completely in love with it like I was with my ipod. I'll admit to being pretty damn stoked for all the convenience it provides, hello bar code scanner!! Not to mention it feeds into my facebook addiction.

Hello 2:30 am. It's time I say goodbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment